For a more in-depth analysis of your work's strengths and weaknesses than can be provided using a tick-box form, and for longer pieces of work such as whole novels, poetry collections and non-fiction books, I provide mentoring time in five-hour blocks. Once purchased, this time can be used in any way you like - for instance, I can:
- assist in choosing and editing poems or stories for a collection;
- provide exercises in a particular aspect of writing and assess the resulting work;
- assist in the revision and editing of a novel;
- assess the synopsis and opening chapters of a book before submission to agents and publishers;
- provide feedback on several different pieces of work;
- provide general advice and answer queries.
You don't have to decide at the outset how the time will be used, and you can mix and match within five hour blocks; if your project runs out of time, you can simply purchase another block. Mentoring blocks expire eighteen months after the date of purchase, but within that time their use is flexible.
- One five-hour mentoring block: £98.00
Payment is made in advance, via bank transfer, cheque or PayPal invoice.
The availability of mentoring blocks will depend on my current workload. For more details, or to check availability, please contact me via the form on the 'Contact' page.